YIT's mission, vision and values are the foundation of our operations and ways of working. We are committed to long-term business success, which means that we do not pursue a good financial result at any cost. In order to achieve business success, we must respect our stakeholders and create value for all of them, including customers, shareholders and employees.
YIT's business principles are a concrete expression of what compliance with our values means in our work with different stakeholders. The business principles are not meant to be a detailed guide that provides an answer to every question, but rather a general guideline that demonstrates the way we want to conduct business. The document includes the principles that guide our operations in relation to customers, employees, shareholders, business partners, competitors, society and the environment. You will also find information related to compliance with our business principles and reporting infringements.
Every YIT employee is expected to live up to the business principles at all times.
Suspected misconducts investigated without delay
We expect every employee at YIT to report to their immediate superior if they suspect a breach of the company's business principles. In addition, all countries where YIT operates have appointed persons in charge of ethics who escalate the processing of reported misconduct.
For already years we have also been using a reporting channel maintained by a third party, allowing our employees to report confidentially, and, if necessary, anonymously any suspected misconduct. A report can be submitted online or by telephone in 15 languages. Each suspected misconduct will be investigated carefully and without delay, and will lead to appropriate action.
Examples of the content of the YIT Business Principles:
- The marketing of our products and services is always truthful and accurate.
- Every employee has the right to a safe working environment and so we strongly concentrate on excellence in occupational safety.
- We do not use or disclose insider information in a prohibited way.
- We do not exercise or tolerate any form of corruption, extortion or bribery and we are committed to working against these practices.
- YIT supports open and fair competition in all markets.
- We do not make financial contributions to political parties or groups or individual politicians.