Residential blocks receive the highest visitor voting score in the history of Housing Fair
– YIT also received the Content of the year prize at Housing Fair
Residential blocks received their highest ranking in the history of Housing Fairs organized since 1970, second place, in visitor votes in Jyväskylä’s Housing Fair last summer. Visitors voted for their fair favourite in three series: Best house, Best interior design and Best yard. YIT’s Drama Queen apartment in the Maailmanpylväs tower building ranked second in the Best house series.
– We pursued success in the visitor voting with Maailmanpylväs apartments and especially with Drama Queen, but still the second place surprised us, says Senior Vice President Pekka Helin responsible for housing business development at YIT.
– What surprised us the most was that we ranked so high in the Best house series. We anticipated success in the Best interior design series because we managed to get the top interior designer Milla Alftan to create our theme interiors. Ranking at the top in the Best house series further strengthens the trend of perceiving residential blocks as an equal alternative to one-family houses, continues Helin.
– This is the first time in the history of Housing Fairs that residential blocks are ranked second in visitor votes, says CEO Pasi Heiskanen at The Finnish Housing Fair.
– This certainly tells us something about the new trends in living and, therefore, we will focus more on the possibilities of residential blocks when planning future fairs, continues Heiskanen.
The Drama Queen apartment with its three rooms, a kitchen and a sauna has a floor area of 109 square metres and it is located on the 12th floor of the tower building. In addition, the apartment has a terrace of 24 square metres. Each Maailmanpylväs apartment has a balcony and direct view to the Jyväsjärvi lake.
– At the centre of Drama Queen’s interior design was a unique combination of a residential block with a lake. I wanted to make the most of the lake view in my solution and, therefore, I modified the floor plan in order to extend the view all the way to the back end of the bedroom, says interior designer Milla Alftan.
– Drama Queen’s good ranking is surely based on the fact that it combines everything a person buying an apartment can wish for: the carelessness and ease of living in a residential block as well as the uniqueness and customizability sprouting from the apartment’s floor plan and interior design. In addition, all this comes with a lake view, says Chief Constructor Seija Takanen at YIT Jyväskylä.
At Jyväskylä’s Housing Fair, YIT constructed a 13-floor tower building called Maailmanpylväs with three fair apartments. The theme interiors of the fair apartments were based on three imaginary residents coined up by YIT: Drama Queen, Green Family and Real Man. The interiors were designed by interior designer Milla Alftan.
YIT was granted the Content of the year prize
This year, Housing Fair also organized a separate Content of the year competition for the exhibitors. The aim was to motivate fair exhibitors to create new and innovative content for the fair. The results were collected with an open feedback section in the Housing Fair visitor survey, where visitors were asked to describe the most unforgettable aspect at this year’s Housing Fair. The 13-floor Maailmanpylväs tower building constructed by YIT stood out clearly as the most unforgettable aspect at the fair.
– Maailmanpylväs constructed by YIT, its interior design and various themes were depicted in many ways in the open visitor feedback. We summed up all instances related to the Maailmanpylväs complex, such as Drama Queen, tower building and Maailmanpylväs. A total of 12.9% of all comments referred to the Maailmanpylväs complex. It stood out clearly from the vast exhibition selection. As many as one out of eight comments referred to this complex, and this was the largest amount that any individual operator received and, therefore, the prize was naturally granted to YIT, says CEO Pasi Heiskanen at The Finnish Housing Fair.
The Content of the year prize was granted for the first time this year and the winner will receive visibility at next year’s fair worth 10,000 euros.
For further information, please contact:
Pekka Helin, Senior Vice President, Housing Business Development, YIT Group, firstname.lastname@example.org,
tel. +358 (0)40 588 8135
Seija Takanen, Chief Constructor, Building Construction in the Jyväskylä area, YIT Construction Ltd, email@example.com, tel. +358 (0)40 519 5732
Housing fair press material
Video youtube link
Press material can also be requested from YIT Communications:
Sari Malka, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 (0)50 357 9901