A cosy yard is created by engaging the users in the design
We created a concept that allows us to make adaptable yards in largescale production. The development of this concept has been guided by certain starting points: the principles on the features of the yard of the future.
• The concept is continuously evolving. It is not meant to be final, but to evolve and adapt in use. The concept provides a place to which observations of good yards can be fixed. A good concept develops as it is being used.
• The concept offers a common language to all who develop the yard. Through it, it is possible to engage in dialogue with the builder, subcontractors, city planner, owners and users. Various subcontractors, observations and values can be linked to the concept. It can be used for both assessing yards and designing new yards.
• The concept allows uniqueness but is universally valid. It is intended to be suited for the design and assessment of all yards. However, it should not be understood as a static formula that results in the same solutions everywhere. The concept aims to create balanced but unique yards.
• The concept is based on the 60%/40% mindset. It recognises that a good yard only emerges through the experience of its users, so a good yard is never ready. The concept focuses on describing both fixed and varying features of a yard so that the users of the yard can adapt it to meet their wishes.
• The concept allows for diverse ways of doing. It recognises that the yard must meet diverse needs at the same time.
Interested or inspired? Please find contact information on Suomi Finland 100 page:
Get in touch